Suspension issues

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Anonymous

Suspension issues

Post by Anonymous »

Hi just bought a 16v dead pleased with it only the front sus seems to have a mind of its own sometimes i havnt played with the adjuster as my m8 said it might get worse what is the common fault can u hlp as otherwise its an absolute dream so much fun
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,
You'll need to elaborate a bit more on 'mind of its own'. What symptoms does the car display?

Cheers
Anonymous

Suspension issues

Post by Anonymous »

Hi sorry well at traffic lights it moves up and down occasionally and sometimes it stays up on the front a bit the back is fine so i dont think its the hydro pump friend said its to do with the anti roll bar but im new to citroen so i need help
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,

Could be something to do with the height corrector, which is attached to the front ARB - although mine did this when the front strut was worn internally.
Check the height corrector and grease-up the actuating mechanism to make sure its not sticking. Then give it a few cycles of the height control lever in the car - top to bottom.

Also have a read here to familiarise yourself with Citroen Hydraulics.

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/index.php?lang=en

Cheers.

P.S. Don't go under the car playing with the height corrector linkage unless the car is supported on axle stands.