Heavy Clutch

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
tim leech
7000 rpm

Heavy Clutch

Post by tim leech »

Can you lubricate the clutch on a valver, mines not the lightest although it bites well, its covered 50000 miles if its the same one i put in in 1999, which was a genuine citroen one :shock:
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

It's more likely to be either a dodgy cable, or dry bushes in the linkage arm on the gearbox - the latter requires gearbox removal to sort properly.

If the cable is original I'd be tempted to try that as a starter for 10 before trying anything else

Adrian
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Heavy cable on mine was that way for a year before breaking cable,
Once changed its mega light again!
Worth doing to be safe if its original - just set aside twice as long as you thought :roll:
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Hmm its not that heavy just yet, Ive heard there a swine to do so maybe I will try and lube it first, I did on mt td and it helped a bit, get someone to depress the clutch in and aout and spray lube on the bit of the clutch cable you can see.
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

Take it off, wrap it up in a circle and leave in a pan of diesel overnight.

Never needs lubricating again, unlikely to break either unless a strand is already tearing the innards
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

If i was taking it off I would change but thats the hard bit, its liveable, if it gets much worse then I will ahve to see about changing it!