diesel car brain teaser

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Yeah, forgot to mention yesterday that's where it is in the fuel line.

Should cure it nicely me thinks.

Good luck!
Now listen here you mullet...
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
well just been to the scrappers and have got 2 of them, took the from snapped timing belt cars so's i dont get a busted one. am at my old dears house so will pop down to my garage the noo and give it a try. :D

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
well half an update here, i called vauxhall and gave them the part number off the bits i got from the scrappers and they said thats the fuel temp sensor thing so i fitted one and tried starting and it didnt start but iam not fuuly satisfied with my test as the car did have loads of diesel in but i took it out to put in a hire van to get my parts from luke. anyhow the astra fuel light is on and the gauge barely lifts off the floor and the pump has air in it so i will put 2 gallons in it in the next couple weeks prime the pump and try again as im sure the car dont have enough fuel in it etc. also the replacement sensor could be duff but i have another one. will update when i give it another go.

cheers rossco :roll:
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

Any update Rossco ?

I have just acquired a Vauxhall Combo 1.7 diesel which should have similar components. If you need me to test anything I will send you a report.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
well i changed the fuel temp sensor and still no joy, so i think the only parts left that i havn´t changed yet are the crabk sensor and the pump ecu and the pump itself but i know that works.

rossco