Rear suspension strut

Make requests for parts and cars here
bob hughes
Tick Over

Rear suspension strut

Post by bob hughes »

Hi has anybody got a spare rear strut they dont mind parting with, cant afford a new one at the moment but will gladly pay a reasonable price plus p+p.
Thanks Bob.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
are all bx struts the same or 16v different? if the same i can get you one no prob.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
bob hughes
Tick Over

Post by bob hughes »

Hi Rossco.
Just replied to your other post. Got one today, many thanks,and yes all the saloon struts are the same. Dont know about estates though.
Bob.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
thats cool, glad you got it. i know from many recent posts you guys dont really have bx's in the scrappys down south but up here they are everywhere in breakers. i dont mind nipping up and whipping parts off for people. i can post them down easily if they are small (postable). my local breakers is 4 miles away has about 500 cars and 4 or 5 are various bx's. they have at least 30 citroens. i know its a real pain when you need a part and no-one on the forum has a spare, especially if you need it to get the car going again.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Estates are different. And I don't reccomend used ones unless you can check them before buying.
new one are GSF std and cheap enough approx £60.

Most go porous on there lower surface As far as I can tell this is because the subframe doesn't have a drain directly below so some cars sit with the strut permanantly wet or worse still covered in silt!
Drill a hole in the subfrane at the lowest pioint and make a habit of blowing it out and putting some oil or wax up there from time to time.

Ollie
bob hughes
Tick Over

Post by bob hughes »

Hi ollie.
Thanks for the advice,will put a posting on the job so far in tech & tuning.
Bob.