VYNIL (12" round black type)

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
martyn
3000 rpm

VYNIL (12" round black type)

Post by martyn »

Anybody out there old enough to be interested in quality vynil reproduction :shock: as I have for sale:-

2 Linn LP12 record decks (no arms) 33 only
1 Linn Ittock arm
1 Linn K9 mm cartridge
1 Audio Technica OC9 mc cartridge
1 Naim Nac 150 75+75 watt power amp

........as he waits for a reply he leans back in his trusty old rocker and enjoys the frollicing tumbleweed :wink:
Last edited by martyn on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

oo nice bit of kit.... would be interested if i could play my 45s too though!
martyn
3000 rpm

Post by martyn »

Hi Rob, if you are interested I would supply FOC a Linn 45rpm adaptor which fits over the standard 33 rpm motor pulley.
Linn do make a 33/45 (Lingo)power supply which is more convenient but these sell for around £500 s/hand :shock:

Martyn
Toddman
Administrator

vinyl

Post by Toddman »

hmmm sounds interesting.
Not too familiar with the afore mentioned but I still use a Harman/Kadron 630 with Celestion Ditton 33s and my crappy no name deck which I tweeked up a bit with a Tenorel 2000 cartridge and vinyl just sounds so warm through it all.
Humble Pie Rockin' the Filmore probably the greatest vinyl I own 8)

Martyn can you give me a few details about the gear just in case it might be a usefull addition

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

How much would you be looking for Martyn?

I enclose the following pic as proof of my interest.

(Records, a Nik Kershaw album and a boot storage door in one pic?! Practically pr0n, I tell you)

To be honest I'm pretty poor right now, but I know some people who might a) interested and b) richer.
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
martyn
3000 rpm

Post by martyn »

To all who may be interested this kit don't come cheap I'm afraid. The arms alone are regularly making £300-400 on Ebay and decks of the same age/spec as I have fetch between £250-350.
The power amp which is only 3 yrs old (£900 new) unused for 2yrs, so £350 ish. If anybody is still interested please pm me.

Martyn
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

Surely you can't sell equipment without knowing how to spell the medium ?

(sits back in the armchair listening to Ivor Biggun and the Red Nosed Burglars on his Rega 2 and Sonneteer amp - quality)
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Im gonna stick with my Beomaster kit for now! But even at my ripe young age, vinyl is the last of the real music media, i dont care about your resolution or bit rate or any of that other digital crap vinyl is real and analogue from start to finish so its just better!
Toddman
Administrator

media

Post by Toddman »

It is true.
It is like with TV broadcasts digital is either on or off so if the signal deterioates you loose it but with analogue the quality drops but at least you can still get a picture.
Vinyl is very high quality the only issue is that you need good equipment to lift the quality from the record but sadly the media can damage quite easily, nice artwork is something I miss though.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
martyn
3000 rpm

Post by martyn »

Channel Hopper wrote:Surely you can't sell equipment without knowing how to spell the medium ?
:oops: :oops: :oops: