Phase 1 16valve

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
CoolCarbon
Tick Over

Phase 1 16valve

Post by CoolCarbon »

Time to say good bye to the Red Phase one in the photo....

I've owned it a couple of years but don't use it anymore..

It has about 110,000 on the clock, 15" alloys with very good tyres and a full Scorpion S/S exhaust system.

It needs the Hydralic pump looking at (very lazy) and the starter has taken a wee holiday too...

It has some of the usual rust problems around the drivers/passenger doors but looks good for it's age for sure...

No Tax or MOT so will need to be towed/trailered away from the Perth area, Scotland.

I'll be sticking it on Fleabay soon....

Old enough to know better..............but still bought my Old Ph2 back...!
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

That look lovely!

Nuttiscotsman? Any good to you?
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Surely be better to stick a pump and starter on it second hand and MOT it mate? You'll get buttons for it like that, and without that green tape stuff its surely gotta be worth bigger money due to its appearance and rarity?

If I was closer I'd be breaking your arm off right now...but I'm at the bottom end of the UK :lol:
CoolCarbon
Tick Over

Post by CoolCarbon »

Kitch wrote:Surely be better to stick a pump and starter on it second hand and MOT it mate? You'll get buttons for it like that, and without that green tape stuff its surely gotta be worth bigger money due to its appearance and rarity?
Yeah, I know what you're saying but I don't have the ways or means right now to do it myself and I don't want to pour money into a local dealers coffers ... :cry:

Open to offers btw.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
iam pretty interested in this car and am obviously an enthusiast having a 16v already but it really depends on how much your looking for but id promise to look after it really well and spend silly money on it! :D like the 4k ive spent on my 16v and still not mot'd it yet. :lol: pm me if you want to talk numbers but again iam pretty limited the now unless you can wait a few weeks or up to a month and i can give you a better price for it!! also where in perth as my uncle is in crieff and could possibly help with sorting stuff out.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
CoolCarbon
Tick Over

Post by CoolCarbon »

thanuttiscotsman wrote: pm me if you want to talk numbers
cheers rossco
PM'd you.....
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
your pm hasn't arrived in my inbox yet? :?

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

CoolCarbon
Tick Over

Post by CoolCarbon »

thanuttiscotsman wrote:hi there,
your pm hasn't arrived in my inbox yet? :?

rossco
Should be with you anytime, forgot to put a heading....doh... :D
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

yup ive got it, rossco. :D

tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Excellent! I do love red ones,
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
yeah red is my favourite colour on these cars, actually its the colour im re-spraying the 16v :D so in about a month i may have two of them, we will see how things go :wink: .
i do like the look of this one as it has the same front fogs as my 16v 8) iam also liking the wheels on it too. though i may have to 16v the front end as it looks better but i wouldn't chuck to old bumper away may need it again in future. iam really interested in this and think its very poss i can get it.

cheers rossco 8)

djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Phase 1 owner geek rant follows but - rossco - DON'T p!ss about with the front end. The Phase 2 has a more aggressive stance at the front but I think that the understatedness of the phase 1 is great - surprises the boy racers and BMW drivers even more when they get smoked at the lights by what appears to be a TZD :D

Phase 1s are rare enough, red ones even more so, and if this one is actually still looking red and not pink it's the only one I know of! Keep it original mate, save the modding and the flash for the phase 2 :wink:
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

djoptix wrote: the understatedness of the phase 1 is great - surprises the boy racers and BMW drivers even more when they get smoked at the lights by what appears to be a TZD :D

Phase 1s are rare enough, red ones even more so, and if this one is actually still looking red and not pink it's the only one I know of! Keep it original mate, save the modding and the flash for the phase 2 :wink:
hi there,
you are totally right there :wink: i wont modify it as i would prefer to make boy racers and bmw drivers feel and look stupid with the surprise of getting smoked :lol: , that would make it well worth it 8) i could drive around all day doing that and never get bored!! hehe i used to do it in the de-badged gti :lol: never got bored, lightened up my monday mornings going to work! :D also it would be good to have a std one and a well modded one and also i couldn't realisticly afford to mod 2 cars at the same time. :D

cheers rossco

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i must say that i quite like the green trim on it :D
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I must admit the phase 1 look is beginning to grow on me.

Probably because you see so few BXs these days, that there is no longer any need to look distinctive (snob factor?) from the cooking models.
They also look more retro-cool.

The standard bumpers are also so much tougher and more practical than the fancy fibreglass mouldings too.

Mike