Why have I been so quite

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
jonsgot
3000 rpm

Why have I been so quite

Post by jonsgot »

Well with now only 9 posts to my name some of you may have been wondering were I've been, given my activity on the old forum.

I'm afraid I've just been very busy trying to do lots of things like change jobs and cars and house and not get rid of the 16V. So ATM I have no car at all. The Mini has gone :shock: . The 16V is still Sal's and I'm getting to work via bus, train and mates. I'm sorry to say I may be ending up with a 306 as much as I hate them they are cheep cars and with Sal starting her maternity leave in 1 month the 16V doesn't look viable for me to commute in. :cry:
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

congrats on the maternity leave matey! if its any consolation, we are having to use the 16v as our daily car as the relibae fiat has shafted its gearbox!! its not that bad though! plenty of room for us pair and the littluns gear!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Toddman
Administrator

absent

Post by Toddman »

Glad you are ok Jon - I was wondering where you had gone to.
Congrats on the little one hope all goes well gor you all.

The valver will cope with daily like quite admirably, mine have always been daily drivers nad they carry a good load.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

mine's a daily drive (well, when i use it). no probs whatsoever. as with any other car, keep the basics well maintained and you'll be fine.

and congratulations too :D
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Congratulations from me as well :D

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
jonsgot
3000 rpm

Post by jonsgot »

Well due to no luck with the pugs, I now have Ollie's red 16V :), The insurance was only 410 to boot. Sal still has the silver one and Ollie has his(/my/his/Steve's/his) old grey one. :lol:

I'm still looking for a 306 1.4l however; I'm just going to take my time :lol: . If I could get 30mpg out of the valver I'd be happy to stick with with it, but the figures far to close to 20 and given I do quite a bit of country lanes on my journey I should be getting more. After all the Mini was almost making it's quoted 38mpg. Plus I've got to drive 1000 miles to Scotland and back next month and I don't fancy trying it at the 33mpg I've been getting on runs. :cry: Or listen to my Dad go on about how his getting 55mpg out of his 306D. :roll:
Last edited by jonsgot on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Jon, on a recent run in mine i clocked 35mpg out the ol girl! cruising at an effortless 80 all he way too! 374 in total!sure over a slitghtly longer run i gould have got a few more mpg as that run was only on 1/2 hour of motorway!
give the car a quick oil filters and plugs change and you may get a decently healthy return!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Toddman
Administrator

MPG

Post by Toddman »

Blimey Jon you must drive like a loon :D

Mine gave about 28-30mpg when it only had an exhaust and filter and that got driven very hard.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Oh dear....

I'm with Jon, regularly getting 20-25 mpg :shock: And yes it's driven hard, all the time & everywhere (i can't help it). I love the sound it makes with no sound deadening. Besides, i always HAVE to prove a point when i see the little boyracers in whatever tin can they've got... they probably just think 'what a tw*t'... but they're behind me 95% of the time anyway so i don't care :D :D :D

Worst i ever did was 198 miles from a tank :shock:

From boy-racer to man-racer to coffin... life in the fast-lane :lol:
Now listen here you mullet...
jonsgot
3000 rpm

Post by jonsgot »

I don't drive it hard that often. I think it's more a case of the not having the right exhaust set up and lots of cross town driving. I did get slightly better results out of the old grey one but I don't think the red one is any better. What rev range do you guy's use?
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
ive somehow missed most of this thread :? but anyhow congratso´s on wee fella and even more so on getting the valver keys from the missus :lol: if you need to find a 1.4 306 i could find you one pretty easy 8) im good at that.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

jonsgot wrote:I don't drive it hard that often. I think it's more a case of the not having the right exhaust set up and lots of cross town driving. I did get slightly better results out of the old grey one but I don't think the red one is any better. What rev range do you guy's use?
Foot to the floor everywhere, all the time range... even when it's just an unnecessary waste of fuel.

Fortunately i'm not one of those people who moans about the cost of fuel, the way i see it is if you don't want to use fuel then drive a 106 diesel :lol: The more it drinks, the more satisfaction you get from it.

Been away this weekend & did 273 miles on a full tank of mostly motorway driving up to 110mph in bursts with the occasional crawl on the M11
Now listen here you mullet...