Place to get parts?

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Anonymous

Place to get parts?

Post by Anonymous »

Hi all,

i just bought a 16v off Ebay and need a couple of parts for it.

specifically, front discs and pads. maybe exhaust. and when it has its MOT, maybe others.

GSF stock most bits bit is there a recommended place/supplier? also does nayone here have any new-old-stock?

thanks!

james
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hi Jiminwatford,

You are fairly local to me, 2nd nearest I think.

congrats on your new purchase. 8)

Eurocarparts or GSF are the 1st places to look,

both have sites on line.

http://www.eurocarparts.com

http://www.gsfcarparts.com

The parts you listed are not expensive, except for the exhaust front pipe which is long lived.

Put a note in the forum wanted section for other parts you need, I have a fair selection here as do many of the forum users.

You can also get a forum members discount from GSF,
and some parts turn up on ebay.

cheers,

Mike
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Hi James,

Welcome to the club, another new member is always appreciated.

Which car on ebay did you buy, the white Phase 2 J reg :?:

To answer your point, GSF stock most items but be carefull you get the right 16v specific part if appropiate, most of the counter staff don't know the difference from the 8v Gti.
Eurocarparts is another good source but I find parts are normally ordered in rather than on the shelf.

Several tuning companies still make stainless exhaust items.

Citroen still supply most parts for these cars but you'll trip over your pants that are round you ankles as you walk out the maid stealership.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

when buying brake parts specify that you want Bendix pads and discs the other ones may last forever but they don't stop! both cheap tho, fitting kit for pads rarely needed but if it is it is different to the 8v and normal models cos the bars are longer, if factor don't list them look for 1.9GTi 205 ones for a bendix car, the bars are the same.
As for front pipe, most problems are the fitting kit at the front, again any exhaust stokist will sell these, the ring and bolts are same as 8v parts.
Rust in the box itself - the siamesed section mentioned elsewhere can virtually allways be reused with a new box cut from the cheaper 8v part!

Ollie
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Welcome matey!
much as everyone else said really! but make sure you get the 16v parts from gsf/ecp! as mentioned some dont know the diferences between the 8 and 16v and some swear blind the 16v is a deisel!
you may find that your local factors is just as good on price though! especially if you have to add postage to your order from ecp/gsf! my local one is very good if not better on some prices! so always worth a look around!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

ollie wrote:
Rust in the box itself - the siamesed section mentioned elsewhere can virtually allways be reused with a new box cut from the cheaper 8v part!

Ollie
Is the resonator box really needed? Couldn't you just go for straight pipe or is there a problem with that?
Now listen here you mullet...
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

i have no resonater! nor does luke or did gary on the racer! very common mod! 54mm pipe is what you need! (if you cut the down pipe int he right place it slots straight in! )then measure the length from where you are going to cut to the intermediate join sleve (end of not th estart ofor it will be short!) and get siad lentgh of pipe welded in to replace it! (mine is held on by flexi pipe at the mo as havent tapped up neighbour to weld it on! ) the exhaust pipe is only about £15 for 2m length!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Don't think i'll be whipping the MIG out just yet, but if mine ever gives up the ghost i'll just do that then... Bargain! :lol:
Now listen here you mullet...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks for the info guys! i certainly look into it. However, it may be for sale already :oops: :cry: :cry:
Mike P wrote:
Which car on ebay did you buy, the white Phase 2 J reg :?:
yeh, its all good but needs a little work :?
Toddman
Administrator

parts

Post by Toddman »

Yup nice length of pipe is about a tenner nad runs from the bottom of the downpipe where you can see the original join and into the short bent section that leads to the cross box.

Front discs and pads I would go for GSF Bendix discs and Tekstar pads they are very good for cheapish items.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch