BE3 Mi16 gearbox wanted

Make requests for parts and cars here
Vanny
Web Support

BE3 Mi16 gearbox wanted

Post by Vanny »

BE3 Mi16 gearbox wanted ideally as cheap as chips (or less), i have a BE1 to swap with as well! erm, did win one on ebay but the seller has magically become no longer listed so don't see much point in trying to chase it. :(

Will probably do the old 5th gear to diesel swap so if anyone has a 5th gear cog from a TD lying around please let me know!
:wink:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ive got a 2 be3's from zx 16v's here not sure how the ratio's differ but cant be alot, don't want a huge amount of money for one just a fair drink that or if you wanna do somthing totally different i have a be3/6 !but thats a tad more expensive !!!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

go on then try me, how much for the 6speed? As best i know it hasn't been done yet on a BX!

Question is, where goes the 6th gear go? pressumably where reverse is, and reverse is up and left? so then wont i need different linkages?

Been looking at this today and it seems like a lovely idea. Only problem is the distance, the urgency and the lack of car! Got a mate from Norfolk though, wonder if he's visiting his tribe this xmas? hmmmm
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

I think the main reason it ain't been done is that it hampers performance, and the damn tyre/wheel always fouls 6th.

I did try it with the knackered box from my neighbours Gti-6 when he replaced it (box was already off mine) but the tyre did foul it. Thought about either getting the rack modified so it didn't turn so far (possible but expensive) or just welding a bump-stop in somewhere (MOT man say no no).

The linkage appeared fine, the gate is the mechanical movement of the selector fork in the box, not part of the gearstick. So shouldn't be an issue.
Now listen here you mullet...
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

why not just put spacers behind the wheels (both sides), i appreciate this wont take up all of the play (have to be realistic about it) but i cant see the gti6 sticking that far past the chassis leg?

Seems that at the moment a good going price for one is around the £100 so spectaculalry out of my budget (for now ;) ) as i need to sort something out by way of sump, loom and cog box, and AFM all pricey components with being in high demand!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

you need a cable fift sytem to select reverse and having driven a gti6 steering lock isnt that bad so i would have thought it would be better still on a bx (it being wider than a 306) as for performance from what i understand my 5th gear is only very slighty different from the 6th gear so top end will be no better but acceleration should be quicker