sensor suppliers

Make requests for parts and cars here
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

sensor suppliers

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
anyone know where i can get the coolant temp sensor that sends info to the ecu i.e the one that tells the choke to turn off. can i get one from anyone else except sh*troen as they dont know their ars*s from their faces. im completely tired of dealing with these idiots surely someone else stocks/sells these sensors.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Yep, try your local Peugeot Dealer!

Citroen have ABSOLUTELY no interest in you unless you are buying a car.

My Cit dealer never answers their phone and if they happen to they refudse to look for any part unless you have a chassis number, when you go up there & ring the bell at the parts desk you sit there like a t**t whilst people mill around you, if you ask the service reception they just tell you to ring the bell and someone will be with you shortly.

I actually took a C3 for a test drive a couple of years ago and the salesman was so courteous & nice you'd have thought he was my bitch-slave, the next day i went to get a part for my Hurricane & got the usual crap at the parts desk!

Peugeot on the other hand... they always answer their phone within a few rings, if you go to them & ring their bell they're with you straightaway. They'll happily track down parts for you and i even had 1 guy going through dusty old microfiche for parts for my old Samba.

They user the same part number System so all Cit's parts are equally available from them and in my case they even do me a 15% discount so I encourage my Cit owning mates to use them instead of Cit.

If you want to break the ice gently just hit PR-net and get the part number before you go so you can just ask for it by number then mention how crap your local Cit is and they'll be happy to help i'm sure!

Good luck.
Now listen here you mullet...
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

Just a question about PR-net. Anyone can register on http://www.citroen-pr.net/? Or is reserved just for Citroen?
martyn
3000 rpm

Post by martyn »

I've just registered here
http://www.citroen-pr.net/spot/inscript ... iption.asp
and received my username/password immediately, just make up a company name and you're away
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Just bear in mind that unless it's believable details you tend to get bumped off after a few days & have to do it again and again.

I got round it by using a mates garage details.
Now listen here you mullet...
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

Well i was checking some parts and checked that a big amount of parts aren't available... Some day we'll need to make the parts at home...
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

jayw wrote:Yep, try your local Peugeot Dealer!

Citroen have ABSOLUTELY no interest in you unless you are buying a car.
<Snip>
I have exactly the OPPPOSITE responce round here. The pug garage that is in walking distance used to have a good guy that would do as he was told, the replacement parts idiot would'nt even give me a sump plug washer without a part number!! (Fortunately i keep a pug 405 vin number and bx and xantia vin number on a piece of paper just for this idot and others!)

Caledonia Citroen however are excellent! I once ordered the bumper moulding from them via PR.net and they called me within 20 minutes to say they knew without looking that they where no longer made but would try to find one and get back to me. They called around various garages they thought might have one and the next day called to say they'd found one! then 20 minutes later called again profusely appologetic that there had been a missunderstanding and it wasn't possible to get one! They let me have control of the microfiche, and have given me there permission to order from PR.net and will even leave the parts desk to go to the car if your unsure (never happened to me), they also when pushed dispence usefull info on fixing and on a few occasions recently have sent me to other motor factors to get the parts cheaper!

Perhaps we need a good dealer/ bad dealer list? Citroen Wallasey are middling (though might be better now the old parts guy has moved)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

fleming citroen in kings lynn are A++ Neil and Shane are both top guy's who will do absolute best to sort you out so if you are ever in norfolk and in need of bits thats who i'd use but on the flip side the peugeot dealers in lynn are absolute cack !! told me that the reverse cable for gti6 was dicontinued ! yeh right thats why another dealer not so far away has 1 on his shelf !!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi guys,
ok i will give pug a shout and see what they can sort for me. as i have been at it trying to solve the high rpm thing for just over 1.5 years and the only thing left i can do is change this sensor.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)