Probably last year of bx driving for me...

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Probably last year of bx driving for me...

Post by ed_straker »

Because of this emissions discussion here in germany it now looks like only a small amount of BX 14s will be allowed to drive in 2008. Well, at least until 2010. The horror scenario is that all other BXs will be banned from the streets (and of course all other older cars that go into the same emissions category).
So even if i'll buy a xsara vts now i'll be having problems in 2010. This is just so ridiculous...
Honda Civic Type S
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

its not good yet in america wherethey are the biggest culprit for global warming you can easily buyy brand new truck capablke of less than 10 mpg!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah but Timmo your forgetting they have cats, so that must make 'em OK :?: :wink: :lol:
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

well im sure there is a dodgy local back street garage that will take a bung! :wink: 8) there always is.!!

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
jonsgot
3000 rpm

Post by jonsgot »

Wow, I've had my head in the sand. What's happening in Germany?
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

I could be asking something completly wrong here, but is there anyway of getting some chip repro that lower the emissions? Even if the car performed worst (at least for some test) ? :roll:

PS: Or as i'm remembering now, setting the AFM so the emissions would be extra low?
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

There could be perfume coming out of the exhaust, no one would care, until there would be an emissions class for it. It's not that easy because of all the bureaucracy here.

I wouldnt get into any planned "environmental zones" (roughly translated)...problem is: zones are pretty large...and everywhere ;-) .
For example: In Berlin even oldtimers (without cat) would not be allowed to drive.

As theres no certain information if/when/how this all is gonna happen i wont even buy some new alloys and wheels for the summer. Could be worthless next year.
Honda Civic Type S
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Reading it again: I still cant believe the whole situation PLUS: we must appear as a land of very crazy people.

Thinking again: You already thought that, didnt you?! :lol:
Last edited by ed_straker on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honda Civic Type S
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Yep we did already think that :lol:

Trouble is, what starts there may well end up here via Brussels...

We could all march on Downing Street and kick the cr*p out of Tony Blerghh, sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend... :twisted:
Now listen here you mullet...
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I can't believe the stupidity of these environmental extemists.

Don't they realise that nearly all petrol cars nowadays are modern, catalysed vehicles anyway?

It is also a fact that older cars do less annual milage than newer cars, so where is the problem?

Plus anyone driving a car that is more than 15 years old can reasonably claim to have recycled the entire vehicle.
When a new car is made it uses a huge amount of resources and produces loads of CO2.

Banning old cars will have no benefits at all.

And I thaught the UK was a crazy place to live!

There is only 1 way that the humans can significantly reduce their environmental impact. That is by reducing the population, by reducing the number of children born.

Perhaps the environmentalists do think this, but it is too politically sensitive even to discuss.
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

It's the same everywhere.
We have a Government that I have told directly on more than one occasion via public forums I've been involved in, operates on a "monkey see, monkey do" logic.
As a slight diversion to the Environmental topic, they are in the process of invoking legislation to reduce the type of cars that Provisional licence holders can drive, so have banned all turbo and V8 cars with some exceptions; diesels and 4WDs.
I went to the trouble of sending them info on the performance figures of a V8 turbo Land Crusher and also asked if diesels are so low performance, why is it that Peugeot intend running a diesel at Le Mans this year. :shock:
It seems that the whole procedure has now been put in the "too hard" basket until "further enquiries are made."
Telling them that they were about 10 - 15 years behind in their knowledge on vehicle advancements and performance did nothing for the egos of their "overseas experts" they paid thousands to give that kind of flawed advice.
FWIW, we had cats on our cars from 1985, so we've had to live with some of this crap for longer than you guys.

Alan S
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
do you live near the border in your country ed?? if so could you get it registered over there and drive it in germany?? as i have a tight fisted irish friend who had his car registered in northern ireland but he lived in the republic of ireland purpose being car tax in the republic is very very expensive but in the north is the same as the uk!!! maybe you can use your car if its foriegn registered!!?????

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Netherlands are not that far away ;-)

Off topic:
My nickname is ed straker, but my real name's Sven. Hey, you live in the UK and never heard of UFO?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_(TV_series) :wink:
Honda Civic Type S
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ed_straker wrote:Netherlands are not that far away ;-)
That's not allowed.....You can't drive a foreign car with a dutch or german driver licence. Or only a rental car :wink:

The thing that bugs me most is the fact that the reason i drive the bx is not only i like it a lot but i can't afford a new one!
Not only that but they seem to forget that not the european cars are the reason for global warming and sh*t but India and China and all countries with upcoming industry that did not sign the treaty......What we produce in europe on CO2 is just a small figure to those countries :evil:
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

marx-7 wrote: That's not allowed.....You can't drive a foreign car with a dutch or german driver licence. Or only a rental car :wink:
well get a dutch license then! :wink: all europeans have the right to travel around and do these things in europe. i have an roi licence but i cant use that in the uk as im banned! :cry:

rossco