help to fetch a BX - please!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Tim2cv
3000 rpm

help to fetch a BX - please!

Post by Tim2cv »

hey, Am thinking i would like a 16v thats in Southampton, problem is i live in Derby! The car has no tax or mot but i would like to get it home to do the work on. I dont fancy driving it as im not as lucky as other people who never get caught doing anything... i probably would.
Does anyone have a way to collect this with me? (expenses paid) or know of anyone who can help out... I would be very greatful

Thanks

TIM :)
2CV6 1986
AKS 400 Super ;o) 1300cc!
Ami 8 1971
Xantia Exclusive credit crunch 2.0
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

The only person who has the kit off the the top of my head is Cavmad, but he is way ooop north is he not?

Simran borrowed a trailer from someone did he not?

Dan
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

I'd be happy to do it if you want to pay my fares to get there and back. :shock: :shock:

Alan S :wink:
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Tim

Cheapest option is find a mate with a 4X4/anything else with decent towing capacity and a towbar, and hire a trailer local to you and do the round trip that way. Can't think of any other option....

Adrian
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

yeah would have thought a big 4x4 and a trailer would be ideal if mr Cavmad isnt able to help out with his recovery wagons!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

If you get them to stick it on ebay, and you buy it through there, I thought you had 7 days free insurance?

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/motors/services/7dayinsurance/

Dan
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

How about insuring it and "booking" an MOT with a friendly garage for late in the afternoon that you collect it and just drive it home.

Or I think transport companies charge about £1.00/mile so it would only cost you £200 for the shipment, but then this a lot to add to a £100 car :shock:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Tim2cv
3000 rpm

Post by Tim2cv »

insurance doesnt bother me as i can just add it as a second car, its the legallity of driving so far with no tax or mot?
I cannot find anyone with a large car or 4x4 to fetch it :( or I would hve rented a trailer and forgot about work tomorrow!
hmmm. Keep thinking please!
TIM
2CV6 1986
Ami 8 1971
Tim2cv
3000 rpm

Post by Tim2cv »

after thinking about it at great lengths i have decided to forget it, I cant get this one. No time to fetch it due to work, hols etc... damn, I'll keep looking!
cheers though everyone!
I WILL HAVE A P2 again soon! PROMISE!

TIM
2CV6 1986
Ami 8 1971
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

The car Tim has turned down is available in the for sale section by the way.

Cheers
cavmad
Tick Over

Post by cavmad »

What ho gents! Alas my rather aged (1987/8) truck is only really used for local-ish runs. I normally only do about 80-100 mile max round trips, though that`s mostly due to laziness rather than anything else.
If anyone needs a hand in the West Cheshire area then drop me a pm on here or the BX club forum, non runners and damaged aren`t usually a problem and I also collect unwanted and scrap vehicles for which I`ll collect free of charge locally & sometime pay cash dependant on what vehicle it is.
Recovery, delivery/collection and scrap and unwanted vehicles collected West Cheshire area. Cash paid for most abandoned, unwanted and scrap vehicles if local, anything considered.