16v engine, excellent runner, 87k

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
BazGTMi
Tick Over

16v engine, excellent runner, 87k

Post by BazGTMi »

Removing this from the 405 i'm breaking, has 87k on the clocks, starts and idles perfectly, doesn't use excessive oil or water and has no (major) leaks - has a slight dribble from the sump plug. (needs tightening/new washer) Doesn't smoke.

Has no untoward noises, and was informed it was always a very well looked after car, in my opinion this engine will last many more thousand miles longer!

I know how hard it is to find a good running engine in this state after searching myself, not needing a rebuild in my opinion and i know how much a rebuild costs too, as i've just had one rebuilt!! -Hence this sale. :)

I have short clips of the engine starting and running, and it can be viewed running in the car for a short while before i remove it.

I'm situated in South East Herts, on the Essex border, close to Stansted Airport, between j7 and 8 of the M11.

If anyone's interested please get in touch either by PM here, or to b7bpt@hotmail.com.

Barry.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

whats wrong witht he rest of the car matey??? reason for breaking etc???
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
BazGTMi
Tick Over

Post by BazGTMi »

It's got a dent in almost every panel, has had the sunroof nicked for another car already so was all wet, and otherwise just been left for dead for years apart from the occasional engine run.
Would take far too much to get it back on the road, bodywork, braking system, suspension etc
BazGTMi
Tick Over

Post by BazGTMi »

Provisionally sold.
jonsgot
3000 rpm

Post by jonsgot »

Sorry to hear you've given up on that project Baz. There's a MI16 running around these parts at the moment. I unfortunalty haven't had a chance to show my appreciation as it's always going in the opposite direction.
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
BazGTMi
Tick Over

Post by BazGTMi »

Thanks Jon, but not to worry, i still have my other Mi16x4, and some of the parts can go to keeping her good!! :D
jonsgot
3000 rpm

Post by jonsgot »

Good, you should post some pictures.
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
BazGTMi
Tick Over

Post by BazGTMi »

I shall do when she comes out of the workshop! I'm basically rebuilding it, then hope to use it as a daily drive. :)
BazGTMi
Tick Over

Post by BazGTMi »

This is SOLD.