Rear bumper & Fuel Flap

Make requests for parts and cars here
Jack
Tick Over

Post by Jack »

Hi Carl

Tim's talked to the guy and the prices are reasonable. I was thinking that we might get replacement panels as well but apparently that's a different price backet altogether and Tim doesn't think it's necessary.
Re sending the bumper I'm concerned about packing, last thing I read about sending alloys was they had to be double wrapped in something that would withstand being dropped from whatever height it was. Don't really want one landing in the middle of a bumper :(
I sometimes travel through Southampton then home to Daventry. Still got to get mine to Buton though (and before Time starts working on it) so I'll make contact with the guy who's got the new ones which i should expect are properly boxed ready to send and see if he's got a red one.
Will let you know any arrangements
Thanks
Jack
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Well I've asked the guy about both bumpers, as if you didnt have the rear one Jack I'd probably have it, and he wants £100 for them. A bit more than I was hoping he'd say TBH. Might send him a slightly more detailed list of parts and see what he says.

Bazman, I was also interested in the pump, so I'll see what he says. I don't think the back box is a proper one though, although the pic isnt at any ideal angle so I could be wrong.
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
1988 Volvo 360 GLT (for sale)
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
Jack
Tick Over

Post by Jack »

Hi Carl - well I'm relying on Tim to fix Bex's car so I'm in his hands on this one. Jack
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Damnit, just realised I was suppose to phone this guy and I haven't :( Too much going on at the moment (mental note - never ever try fitting your own kitchen again, whilst selling a car, trying to fix another 2 and doing overtime at work!!)

Has anyone else contacted this guy? Must try and find time in the next few days to give him a call.
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
1988 Volvo 360 GLT (for sale)
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
Jack
Tick Over

Post by Jack »

Hi Carl
Yes I exchanged a couple of emails factfinding. Confirm £50 a bumper + £25 delivery to Burton. seems straightforward to deal with, feedback seems to confirm. I'll probably order for start of business tomorrow.
Jack