Finally a good day to try my new wax!!!!! (lots of pics!!!)

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

right then! 3 questions to answer!!:)
Jay, not used that specific brand of paint protecter/sealer but have use Jewel ultra, diamond bright, silverseal, Lifeshine, supaguard etc! they are all muchly the same! all offer the same basic porotection levels etc! But, the prep is Hugely important with these products! basically what the stuff does is bonds ontot he paintwork of the car and acts as a hard barrier against normal road polutants, however, many people become misguided by the claims of 5 years protection on used care paint and ten years on new as an excuse not to clean the car! you still have to Regularly wash the car and any bird lime etc has tp be removed as soon as possible! as a freebie they are great! no questions! but when you find a dealership sellign them for £250-£300 its a bit of a joke! The Autoglym lifeshine pack costs the dealer £60 and comes witht he valet pack yet they sell it on for £250rrp! some higher! i have a fair amount of lifeshine in the shed which i use on cars i know arnt goign to be looked after all that well! but i top it off with a good strong wax to help protect it more! sounds a bit ott but when a car is only going to get cleaned every service all helps! If your goignt o try it out then i suggest you give the cars a thorough cleaning and make them as spotless as you can before you apply it, then apply it as per instructions! they do work and they are good but not worth the retail!

Whitty! matey your more than welcome to send her down! unfortunately i dont have any family in norfolk area so wont be venturing that way!:( otherwise i would more than happily bung the gear in for the next trip! (if you have a look in the 16vchat section there is a post on the clean i did on Rob hughes Red bx! come up pretty good!

Tim, I use a mixture matey! as an actual wax autoglym dont actually make a dedicated wax! they do a liquid hard hax but not a paste wax! i do have a lot of Autoglym products as it was the prefered franchise i used at the dealerships and am a good mate of the local rep! ( was spending over a grand a month on products through him! but with 5 other guys and approx 120 sold cars plus forcourt stock and trade stock throught the bay a month it was needed!) but as for wax's i have autosmart Carnauba gold, Natty's blue paste wax (smells of bublegum!!!), Collinite 476S and Collinite 915 Marque d' elegance which has a higher carnauba content to the 476! they are all relatively in expensive as far as wax's go at £15 - 20 a tub but one tub will do approx 25 applicaitons!
i tend to start of with a coat of radiant wax (trade version of super resin!)or Natty's blue polish depending on wether hand or machine polishing! if by hand then 2 x radiant wax, then a coat of supreme (trade version onf ultra deep shine) then a wax, if machine one natty blue as it cleans all the previous filling polishes of the panels to reveal there true state then on witht he machine and G3 with plenty of water! then after machining i use a showroom polish to clear any splatter and residue of then on with a coat of radiant wax then supreme then a wax!! sounds a lot but even with machining and doing the inside and stopping for a cuppa your looking around 4 - 4 1/2 hours!

think that covers it??
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Timmo wrote:sounds a lot but even with machining and doing the inside and stopping for a cuppa your looking around 4 - 4 1/2 hours!

think that covers it??
Cool then, i'll book mine in for 1st week in June then :wink:
Now listen here you mullet...
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

No worries matey! it will be sunny then :D and i would hav eprolly bought loads more things ti use too hahahah!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!